25th Annual Russian Orthodox Church Musicians' Conference
The Music of Today's Russian Orthodox Church:
The 25th Annual ROCM Conference will be held from October 5 to October 9, 2016,
The purpose of this conference is to bring together choir members and conductors of all levels of experience to explore the wealth and beauty of Russian Orthodox church music.
This year's conference will focus on choral tradition in the Russian Orthodox Church - from the point of view of the creative artist, be it composer, arranger, performer - and the necessary techniques to achieve prayerful singing of the highest quality.
Throughout the three-day program, an exciting blend of historical, theoretical, and practical considerations will assist Orthodox conductors and singers in examining, learning about (and putting into action) what ought to be one of their main concerns in every parish choir.
Join us in October!
His Eminence Archbishop Gabriel, Archbishop of Montreal and Canada, will be
serving the All-Night Vigil and the Divine Liturgy.
The price of the conference is:
Full Registration Rates (Wednesday evening through Sunday):
1. Single occupancy (Lodging, meals and all activities): $755 US / CAN $970
2. Double occupancy (Lodging, meals and all activities): $530 US / CAN $680
Week-End Rates (Begins Friday after 5PM):
1. Single occupancy (Lodging, meals and all activities): $380 US / CAN $490
2. Double occupancy (Lodging, meals and all activities): $290 US / CAN $370
1. No Lodging, Full Registration (No lodging, does include meals and all activities): $300 US / CAN $390
2. No Lodging, Week-End Rate, Begins Friday After 5PM (No lodging, does include meals and all activities):
Triple/Quad rates: fees upon request
The price of the conference also includes:
- transportation to/from local area airports (as required)
- transportation to/from hotel/church services
- all meals, with the exception of dinner on Friday. Conference participants will be free to sample local cuisine.
- daily rehearsals, seminars on various musical topics, informative lectures by noted experts in the field of
- all conference materials, including a bound choir music book containing all the music sung during Vigil and
The Marriott Courtyard will honor the
conference discount room rate for an extra night on Sunday ($125 CAD +
tax/night) for those who would like to extend
their stay. The rate for extra nights before and after is $169 CAD +
Traveling by air: The hotel is conveniently located 5 miles SW of the
Please click on Hotel Info for more information.
Copyright (c) 2016 Liturgical Music Commission of the Synod of Bishops, ROCOR. All rights reserved.